Derek Hoselton – Attorney at Law
Direct Line 704.413.3052
Mr. Hoselton focuses his practice on commercial real estate law, representing developers, landlords, title insurance companies, homebuilders, lenders and individual property owners on a range of mixed-use, planned development, retail development and retail leasing matters. Prior to joining St. Amand & Efird, Mr. Hoselton was the in-house legal counsel for The Morgan Companies (formerly Morgan Property Group), where he gained extensive knowledge of commercial retail real estate development and management.
The experience he gained while serving in-house with The Morgan Companies gives Mr. Hoselton a unique perspective on real estate developers and commercial retail center owners, including extensive knowledge and understanding of their goals and concerns, which allows him to fully appreciate the interplay between the business concerns and the legal issues surrounding real estate transactions. This gives Mr. Hoselton the tools he needs to effectively communicate with clients regarding every aspect of those transactions, from LOI, through acquisition, development, leasing and disposition of assets. In addition to Mr. Hoselton’s work with commercial retail developers, Mr. Hoselton also works closely with national homebuilders in acquisitions, development and dispositions of property. Mr. Hoselton’s unique experience has provided him with the practical knowledge of business considerations and familiarity with legal matters that allows him to assist his clients effectively and in a cost-effective manner.
University of Tennessee, Knoxville – B.A
Charlotte School of Law – J.D.
- Representation of the developer in acquisition, development and leasing of an 85,000 +/- square foot grocery-anchored retail development in the Village of Clemmons, North Carolina.
- Representation of the developer in acquisition, development and leasing of a 68,000 +/- square foot grocery-anchored retail development in Mechanicsville, Virginia.
- Representation of the developer in acquisition, development and leasing of a 9,000 +/- square foot convenience store-anchored multi-tenant retail development in Manassas, Virginia.
- Representation of the developer in acquisition, development and leasing of a 9,300 +/- square foot commercial retail and quick-service restaurant multi-tenant development in Rock Hill, South Carolina.
- Representation of the developer in acquisition, development and leasing of a multi-tenant quick-service restaurant commercial development in Snellville, Georgia.
- Representation of the developer in acquisition, development and leasing of numerous single-tenant national chain gas station/convenience store and national chain drugstore retail developments throughout North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and Florida.
- Representation of national and regional homebuilders in the due diligence and acquisition of real estate for development across the southeast.