Prior to joining St. Amand & Efird PLLC, Mr. Efird practiced at the Charlotte office of Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP focusing on the representation of commercial and residential developers, builders, landlords and tenants in a wide variety of real estate projects, including the leasing, acquisition, development and financing of retail shopping centers, office complexes, mixed-use developments and residential subdivisions. In response to the ever-changing economy, Mr. Efird also has extensive experience in loan refinances, workouts, deeds in lieu of foreclosure and loan sales. Mr. Efird offers the depth of experience and sophistication from his prior practice with a practical approach at exceptional value for each client. Mr. Efird is a native Charlottean and an active member of Providence United Methodist Church.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill – B.A.
University of Richmond School of Law – J.D.
Robbins School of Business – M.B.A.
Home Builders Association of Charlotte
Greater Charlotte Apartment Association
Arts & Science Council
- Representation of national and regional developers in acquiring, developing and financing raw land and improved property throughout the Southeast.
- Representation of a national multi-family developer in the acquisition and financing for mid-rise apartment projects throughout North Carolina.
- Closed the acquisition and financing for a 200+ unit multi-family apartment complex in Charlotte, NC.
- Representation of national homebuilders in the acquisition and financing of residential single-family subdivisions, including the transfer of declarant rights.
- Preparation and negotiation of lot purchase agreements, purchase and sale agreements, easements and joint venture agreements.
- Representation of developers in structuring restrictive covenants, architectural controls and other homeowner association documents.
- Representation of purchasers and lenders in connection with analyzing title insurance policies, related title documents and endorsements, ALTA surveys, legal descriptions, Phase I environmental reports, construction documents and organizational documents.
- Preparation and negotiation of commercial leases for retail, industrial and office facilities.
- Counsel to landlords and tenants on office and industrial projects, including future expansions and relocation alternatives.
- Closed multiple lease agreements for retail, office and manufacturing facilities throughout North Carolina, including negotiating upfit, rights of first refusal and expansion options.
- Representation of landlords and tenants in the negotiation of subordination, non-disturbance and attornment agreements and tenant estoppel certificates.
- Negotiation and documentation of loan work outs, loan sale agreements, deed-in-lieu agreements and forbearance agreements.
- Closed deed-in-lieu of foreclosure for condominium project, including the transfer of declarant rights, leases, service and management contracts.
- Closed multiple loan sale agreements.
- Structured modification and forbearance agreements providing Borrowers with more flexible repayment plans and sufficient time to refinance or sell collateral.